Sunday, December 02, 2007

political adventure

Where were you last Thursday during the Manila Pen bruhaha?

I was with Sophia at Gymboree Alabang painting pigs and sheeps with our bare hands when I overheard a dad on the phone talking about a coup in Manila Pen. So, the ever tsismosa that I am, I eavesdropped, LOL. That was how I found out of how Trillanes, our elected senator, walked out of his Makati hearing and walked his way to Manila Pen with Gen. Danny Lim and former Vice President Teofisto Guingona. Note that while walking, Trillanes was calling on people to join him and that it was time to call for a change.

Oh Gawd, he did it again.

As soon as I entered the car, I called Jon and asked him about what was happening. He did not know a thing, haha. This was at around 12:30pm already. We got home and I immediately turned on the TV and there it was all over the news. Trillanes was inside Manila Pen with the other Magdalo soldiers and a few other individuals. I was glued to the TV since. I watched the news the whole day. I was up to date to what was happening. From the time they gave the 3pm deadline to the tank barging on Manila Pen's door lobby, I was watching. I didn't expect the latter though. Who would have? Goodness.

When Trillanes stepped down and surrendered, I can't help but feel sorry for him. He failed - again. This time, he made "damay" pa more people other than the already poor Magdalo soldiers. The guy badly wants change obviously but I guess change cannot always be achieved this way. We cannot have the Erap-Gloria 2001 stunt all the time you know. But I just have to say that I admire Trillanes' courage, period. Although I guess he already got the message clear by now - people have got better things to do and mind than join him call for a change in the government at these hard times.

No comments: